It Doesn’t Have To Be 2016

Photo Feb 16, 7 27 05 AM

Anyone who knows me will tell you I’m a team player. Consider this your call to action. I’m about to go in deep and if you’re going, you better strap up and be prepared. I realize everyone can’t go (reset who’s a part of your crew) and I realize everyone isn’t ready (nourish: accept and live in the truth without or judgment and do what’s best for you) but this whole thing is about to change. My life HAS to change. And it starts now.

#7DayStretch

I know. Why not just wait until January 1st like 95% of the population? Well, if putting off life like I have all the time in the world to be the best I can be and pretending like better can’t start right now then, well, I want to be like the other 5%. When January 1, 2016 rolls around I, first, want to be among the living and then I want to already be a part of life. No need to stuff myself with endless pieces of cake and and dark chocolate almond clusters like I will somehow, magically, lose the taste for them when the calendar changes. Nope, I need to work on my addictions, fitness, attitude, relationships, sleep patterns, diet and spending habits starting today, starting right now.

For the #HolidaySweat challenge this week, the focus (#NourshMe) drew me back in to pay attention. I started off strong in November headed towards change and four days into it, my son went into the hospital. No working out for three weeks, eating terribly, sleeping when I could and just disliking people as a whole did something to me and I never want to feel like that again. I knew it would be a process to come back to myself but I found no reason to stay miserable until 2016. It has nothing to do with me being a trainer, a vegan, a woman who loves black workout pants and peanut butter. It’s because I hurt and postponing doing my best just because of the calendar would just be hurting myself more.  I have a history of hurting myself more when I hurt.  That’s my old life.

I have goals I want to meet and conquer.  I have places I want to see and things I want to do.  I have relationships to walk away from and some to mend.  I have health to improve and strength to obtain.  I have fear to face and worry to eliminate.

Photo Dec 16, 9 24 01 PM

Today is my new life.  That’s not a resolution.  It’s a revolution

 

 

 

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to It Doesn’t Have To Be 2016

  1. Ivanna says:

    Love this! I’m ready to make 2016 my best year yet!