So, a loooong time ago :), Danica nominated me for a Liebster award! This is actually VERY cool especially when you think you’re writing your blog and no one is listening or no one gets it. So I appreciate the shout out, Sister, even if it took me MONTHS to post it. 🙂
So, here are the rules :
1) Link the person’s blog to your blog entry that nominated you
2) Answer the 11 questions below
3) Find 11 blogs with less than 200 followers and nominate them
4) Come up with 11 questions for these bloggers
These are the questions Danica came up with (and my answers):
1) Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest? Wow. Right now, Misty Copeland. She rocks my world with her poise, strength and, of course, her dance skills. I’d love to just have a conversation with her about some things going on in my brain and life.
2) Would you like to be famous? In what way? No. I don’t want to be famous. I want to create a legacy and you don’t have to be famous to do that. And I know from being in the public eye, even on a small scale, isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
3) Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you’re going to say? Why? Yes. Absolutely. 🙂 Well, it depends on what type of phone call it is. If it’s business or a conversation I am resisting having for whatever reason then yes. I have a thing about “getting it right” and using the right words. But it NEVER goes how I rehearsed it. 🙂
4) When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else? Ha! Ha! I don’t sing. But the last time I sang to myself was probably the last time I was in my car alone. I think I’m Whitney Houston with the windows rolled up. 🙂
5) If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be? Not sure I have an answer for that. My parents weren’t perfect but every “default” set me up for something greater. And they did the best they could which is why I just can’t knock it. Everything about how I was raised brought me to this point. And it looks good from here.
6) If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be? Singing!!! I want to sing!
7) Is there something that you’ve dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it? Yes. Going to the Bahamas. I just haven’t saved up the money for it. It always goes to something else. But I’m going! Also, play tennis, swim and take up martial arts. It’s coming. 🙂
8) What does friendship mean to you? Everything. The older I get, the less I use the word “friend.” It’s honesty, integrity and love. And because I have that with my true friends, we’ll be friends for life.
9) When did you last cry in front of another person? By yourself? Both in the past week. I’m not even sure if the person knew I was crying because I walked away to go cry by myself.
10) Would you be willing to have horrible nightmares for a year if you would be rewarded with extraordinary wealth? Nope. I love my sleep and peace of mind too much.
11) Complete this sentence “I wish I had someone with whom I could share…” I have no answer for that. My life is community. And I have been blessed to share those things closest to me with those who are closest to me. I’m blessed.
Here are the blogs I am nominating (and because I’m technically challenged I have NO IDEA how many followers they have. :))
2) Inneractive Fit
4) Bruises In The Frosting
And here are my questions:
1) How would you describe yourself in four words or less?
2) What’s the last thing you did just for yourself?
3) What’s your favorite sport to watch?
4) If you could give everybody in the world ONE thing, what would it be and why?
5) What was your favorite thing about high school?
6) What’s your theme song?
7) What would be your dream vacation?
8) What’s your favorite place to shop for groceries?
9) What are two things that people who see you on a daily (or semi-daily) basis would be surprised to find out about you?
10) What’s been your greatest struggle and what’s the one piece of advice you’d give to someone going through the same thing?
11) What are your favorite pizza toppings?
Share the love!